Snickerdoodle, free pattern

May 01, 2014

 
 







 


Let's celebrate May Day with a sweet little sweater for a dolly.  One with puffy sleeves and gathers at the bodice.  And let's make it in SILK because our little girl is such a fancy lil' thing. 

While you may think I'm mad to make a doll sweater with an expensive yarn like 100% silk, it's my way of trying out a yarn using a small project to see how it works and if I like knitting with it.  Over the next year I plan on publishing doll patterns using some new yarns I'm sampling and some of my old favorites.  If you join me, you can give new yarns a try with not too much expense AND gain a fantastic wardrobe for your doll!  I've got some beauties in the works, dresses, capes, coats and jackets, even pant suits and play suits; something to fit dolly's every mood.

It turns out I did love Truesilk and have purchased more in a pale blue to make a lace scarf for my daughter.  I'll post a review on Truesilk soon, but found it soft, easy to knit and simply luxurious.  The pattern book advises you to tie a tiny knot at the end of your cut yarn to avoid unraveling.  The yarn has an interesting chain construction which allows for it to be lofty and stretchy, thus easy to knit.  Because of this it could be easy to snag with your needle points.  If you find that happening, change your needles, finding the right point and the right composition to suit your knitting style with the yarn.  A simple change like this is sometimes all you need for knitting bliss, and silk is certainly bliss!







By the way, Snickerdoodles are a popular old-fashioned American sugar cookie flavored with cinnamon. They have a crackly surface and are awesome!  They should be chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges.  This is a great recipe!

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

  1. It's adorable, but I don't think it would fit me.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ou for another free pattern. I am going to knit it this week (but not with silk!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sweater. I want one in my size!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double thank you, Kristen! I have a doll recipient in mind (but could also use one in my size). And want to try the Snickerdoodle recipe soon. If you recommend the recipe, it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute, love the puffed sleeves. But not having any dolls, I might make the cookies instead, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute pattern! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sweater!!! That doll just doesn't know how lucky she is! And this is your original "recipe" for how to make it? I'm super impressed!!!

    Since I don't knit, I was glad to see the recipe for actual snickerdoodles at the end. Now THAT I can do!!! :-) I've been buying them at the store, but I'd much rather try my hand at some freshly baked ones at home before it gets too hot to turn on the oven.

    Have a happy and loving Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thrilled to have just discovered your blog. Thank you for the sweet patterns for AG dolls. Better get busy knitting. My three granddaughters would love some new clothes for their dolls. YThanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thrilled to have just discovered your blog. Thank you for the sweet patterns for AG dolls. Better get busy knitting. My three granddaughters would love some new clothes for their dolls. YThanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann. I have another AMG pattern coming out soon--in November, in time for Christmas knitting!

      Delete
  10. Hi, what doll is this? She is so pretty ( as is hr outfit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty certain she is a Goetz doll. She is pretty, isn't she?

      Delete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda