Kaffesque

October 13, 2014

Here's my progress on the Kaffe KAL, and the thing is, I just love knitting stripes.  Plus I love the colors, but never would I have imagined them together, but it all works and is a project I am enjoying so much.  If you are interested in joining approximately 2,000 knitters from around the world, it's not too late.  The patterns are free and we are in week 2 and will be knitting through December as the clues are released at an easy pace of one every week and a half.  If you don't have time to start it now, at least download the patterns each release date so you can have them in your library to work on when you can.  They really are fun to knit.  The yarn is machine washable Rowan Pure Wool Worsted, a fat bouncy yarn with great stitch definition that's easy to knit.  I love it.  The pattern includes color selections for 4 Kaffesque colorways, red, turquoise, pastel and brown (mine).

Clue 1 of the left, clue 2 on the right.  The colors are most true in this photo...

...and isn't it weird how a colored background can really throw off the colors.  I'm blocking and weaving in my ends as I go along, but leaving a tail at the beginning and end in case I need them for the sewing up part.

Here's my colorful project basket, so pretty.  It's the brown colorway and simply gorgeous.  I am going to totally love my FO!

My clever young friend Sarah of the Nottingham Knitter Blog has created a great cheat sheet for the pattern, an easy to follow spreadsheet.  She and I are both making the brown colorway, and her spreadsheet was created for week one, but I used it for week two as well.  Download her PDF from this post no matter what colorway you are knitting, you'll be glad you did.  You'll see it works for all the colorways and makes knitting this easy project even easier.  


Clue Schedule:

Wed. Oct. 1 - 1st clue
Fri. Oct. 10 - 2nd clue
Wed. October 22 - 3rd clue
Fri. October 31 – 4th clue
Wed. Nov. 12 - 5th clue, making-up instructions
Fri. Nov. 21 - 6th clue
Wed. Dec. 3 - 7th clue
Fri. Dec. 12 - 8th clue
Fri. Dec. 19 - 9th & 10th clues together before the holiday season
 
Kaffe PWW Mystery KAL Links:

Download the shopping list (4 languages, 4 colorways, print out only the pages you need!)
Become a member of the Rowan club, it's free and gives access to free patterns and more.
Follow the Rowan FB page for updates
Sarah's easy spreadsheet PDF
Kate Buller interviews Kaffe Fassett about the KAL  
Many knitting stores are kitting the color ways up.  My lys, Uncommon Threads is doing just that.
You can also purchase the yarn online; here are some stores I recommend
with links that take you directly to their Pure Wool Worsted:


Please note that many of these online stores ship internationally.
If yes, there will be a button to click that changes to your currency.  



Follow 
Knitionary

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Your stripes are perfect. If I dolled this pattern they would be waves!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased that the chart has been helpful, Kristen! Thank you for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, your squares are looking fabulous! I love the autumnal color scheme you chose. :-) I wish I had the time to participate in this KAL, it looks like much more fun than the last one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda